5519 Hackett Street
Springdale, AR 72762
Tel: (479) 443-2705 Ext. 10109
He received his undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton School of Business, his law degree from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, and his Master of Laws degree from the University of Florida in Gainesville.
He began working for the firm in January 2006, joined as an associate attorney in August 2007 and became partner in January 2012. In September of 2017, Governor Asa Hutchinson appointed Denton to the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy.
Associations & Memberships
- Member of American Bar Association
- Member of Arkansas Bar Association
- Member of Oklahoma Bar Association
- Member of Texas Bar Association
- Member of Washington County Bar Association
Honors, Memberships and Recognition
- Lawyer of the Year in Trust and Estates – Fayetteville AR, 2023 (The Best Lawyers in America).
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2021-present (Business Organization, Tax Law, Trust and Estates)
- Lawyer of the Year in Tax Law Fayetteville AR, 2022 (The Best Lawyers in America)
- Appointed to the Arkansas State Board of Public Accountancy by Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC)
- Member, Dean’s Advisory Council for the Sam M. Walton School of Business at the University of Arkansas
- Northwest Arkansas Business Journal’s FAST 15
- Member, Arkansas Law Review, 2005-2006
- Former Member, Northwest Arkansas Children’s Shelter Planned Giving Committee
RMP provides tax advice to individuals and closely held corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships on many issues, including:
- tax controversies involving estate, gift, income, sales, and use taxes;
- start-up and ongoing tax planning for business entities;
- tax planning for sales, purchases and mergers of businesses and business assets;
- tax issues related to corporate finance and debt relief;
- tax planning for tax-exempt organizations, private foundations and charitable giving; and
- tax planning for real estate transactions, including real estate development planning and IRC Section 1031 exchanges.
RMP is uniquely positioned to offer the most experienced team of civil and criminal tax attorneys in Arkansas within one law firm. Our tax defense team consists of former state and federal prosecutors with years of prior experience prosecuting criminal tax cases now utilizing that knowledge base and experience for the benefit of our clients. When combined with the experience and expertise of our civil tax division, RMP represents a uniquely skilled group of attorneys who have successfully represented clients at each stage of the tax process, from IRS administrative proceedings, to criminal prosecutions.
Tax-Exempt Organizations & Charitable Planning
In addition to assisting clients in implementing foundational estate planning goals, RMP also helps clients carry out their philanthropic efforts. RMP’s experience includes:
- forming tax-exempt entities, including private foundations and 501(c)(3) charities, as well as advising clients regarding the operation and governance of these entities; and
- implementing charitable estate planning strategies, including all forms of charitable trusts, in order to obtain favorable transfer and income tax savings for the client.
With over one hundred years of combined practice in taxation, transaction matters, trust and estate planning, and litigation, RMP has the knowledge and experience necessary to offer its clients the highest quality of legal services.
The vision of RMP is to provide the families and businesses of Northwest Arkansas with a level of tax, transactional, and trust and estate planning expertise typically found only in large metropolitan law firms. RMP has been one of the fastest growing firms in Arkansas for more than 10 years.
From the agricultural richness of the delta through the deep southern timberlands, RMP not only acknowledges but honors the historical significance of our background. We continue to be shaped by the evolving needs of our clients and community, having a network of connections extending notably through our state capital, east to the delta, south to the timberlands and back up to the heart of the Ozarks. And while RMP’s expertise continues to be sought nationwide, our knowledge and appreciation of this great state remains constant. To the firm, Arkansas is another name for home.