Lynn M. Brimer
Strobl Sharp PLLC
300 East Long Lake Road
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304-2376
- Assist taxpayers with representation before the internal Revenue Service, the State of Michigan Department of Treasury and other taxing authorities in connection with audit and collection matters
- Represent taxpayers before the United States Tax Court and the Michigan Tax Tribunal
- Represent secured lenders in out of court restructurings, workouts, forbearance agreement negotiations and Article 9 asset sales
- Counsel secured banks and other secured lenders in all stages of a bankruptcy proceeding from the negotiation of a cash collateral order and DIP financing arrangements to requests for relief from the automatic stay state and contested confirmation hearings
- Representation of creditors in municipal bankruptcy proceedings, including in the City of Detroit Chapter 9 bankruptcy case
- Assist distressed businesses in all phases of a chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, including prefiling negotiations, preparation of cash collateral and DIP financing packages, Section 363 sales, negotiation of stalking horse bids, modification and termination of collective bargaining agreements and resolution of pension fund liabilities
- Counsel to distressed borrowers in out of court restructuring, loan workouts and forbearance agreements with lenders
- Advise and represent clients in state and federal litigation matters, including shareholder disputes, collection matters, and receiverships
Located in southeast Michigan, Strobl Sharp PLLC is a full-service business and corporate law firm with a range of unique specialties and practice areas. Our attorneys bring valuable experience and knowledge to the legal services they provide. We understand business because we have worked in business and have been entrepreneurs ourselves. Our attorneys offer their capabilities of having previously worked at large law firms, governmental agencies, and corporate legal departments. Our team at Strobl Sharp provides practical advice and valuable insight, shares our expertise, and guides our clients to achieve their business objectives.
Thomas J. Strobl and John Sharp (1952-2020) founded Strobl Sharp PLLC in 1989 with a commitment to understanding their clients’ business needs, serving their clients’ legal needs, and providing proactive and open communication.
“Lynn Brimer is our legal council, and she did a remarkable job helping us with an enormous tax mess that could have permanently crippled us. It was coupled with an extraordinary mess from a previously egregious divorce settlement that had many open-ended clauses. Lynn’s previous experience working for the IRS made her the perfect advocate on our behalf. I would put Lynn and her firm in the top 5 in the state. They are dedicated and efficient and very responsive.”