Goldburd McCone LLP
11 Broadway, Suite 1155
New York, NY 10004
Goldburd McCone LLP is dedicated exclusively to taxation and based in New York City. The core stability of a small firm allows us a unique advantage in that our clients can be afforded personal and detailed attention to their case. However, our resources, education, skill and creativity wholly unrelated to our size, allows for a distinct ability to maintain a high-quality analytic service fully dedicated to your cause.
Steven Goldburd joined the firm after his tenure as Managing Attorney at the Law Offices of Donald G. Koch. Prior to that, he worked at Deloitte & Touche, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Geller & Company. He received his LL.M from New York Law School and his J.D. from Fordham University School Law. He was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers Rising Stars for the years 2016 & 2017 and the Top 40 Under 40 Tax Lawyers in the State of New York by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) for the years 2015-2017.
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York
- Brooklyn College, Brooklyn NY
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Association
There is much riding on the outcome of every tax matter. An audit, tax assessment or unpaid tax debt can create serious financial troubles. Criminal penalties are even a possibility in the most serious cases. Simply put, the lawyer you choose to represent you matters a great deal. At Goldburd McCone LLP, we fully understand the gravity of our clients’ situations.
With many decades of cumulative experience, we focus our entire practice on tax matters. We have a deep understanding of the legal and procedural issues in these cases while also recognizing the uniqueness of each case. Consequently, we seek out creative solutions that put our clients in the best position to achieve their goals.
Our services include:
- IRS audits: We guide businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations through the audit process.
- International tax law concerns: Our lawyers address all matters involving Foreign Bank Account Reports (FBAR), the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) and other international tax planning and controversies for both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals.
- Tax collection matters: When the IRS has erroneously assessed delinquent tax debts, we protest the assessment and show how much, if any, taxes, are owed. For clients with delinquent tax debts, we work to create installment agreements, offers in compromise and other arrangements.
- Criminal tax allegations: Our lawyers vigorously defend clients facing indictment or allegations of failure to file, tax fraud and other charges.
- Business mergers and acquisitions: Leveraging our tax law acumen and general counsel experience, we negotiate on behalf of retiring or exiting business owners engaged in a merger or acquisition from a position of intellectual agility and strength.
- Tax structuring: We help both startups and established companies create compensation and stock plans that minimize potential tax impacts.
- Not For Profit & Tax-Exempt Organizations: Our attorneys have a full command of the unique tax concerns facing nonprofit agencies.
Our primary objective in any tax matter is to help our clients resolve their underlying dispute with a tax agency on the best possible terms. You can rely on us to devote the time and energy necessary to develop strong arguments in support of your position.
Beyond that, we strive to help our clients make informed, educated decisions about taxes now and in the future. In short, we want to solve our clients’ current tax problems while helping them avoid new problems.
“For decades, taxpayers across New York, the United States and the world have relied on our lawyers to resolve a wide array of complex tax issues. We approach every case with the objective of achieving a swift, effective resolution.”