R. Tracy Sprouls
Rodey, Dickason, Sloan, Akin, & Robb, P.A.
201 3rd Street NW, Suite 2200
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Tel: (505) 768-7355
Mr. Sprouls has advised a wide range of clients — corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and individuals, for-profit and tax exempt – on a wide range of state and federal tax issues. In addition to business and personal tax planning, he has extensive experience dealing with state and federal taxing authorities in the administrative setting, including negotiation with the IRS of installment agreements and offers in compromise with the IRS and issues of income tax, gross receipts tax, gasoline tax, severance tax, jeopardy assessments, and managed audits with the New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department.
- In April of 2014 Mr. Sprouls received the Client Choice Award from Client Choice in association with Lexology, for excellence in client service in the area of Corporate Tax.
- Mr. Sprouls is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for his expertise in corporate law, litigation and controversy-tax, mergers and acquisitions law, tax law, and trusts and estates law.
- Mr. Sprouls was named Albuquerque Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year for 2018 and 2020 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Sprouls was named Albuquerque Litigation-Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year-2016 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Sprouls was named Albuquerque Litigation & Controversy-Tax Lawyer of the Year-2013 by Best Lawyers in America.
- Mr. Sprouls is listed in Chambers USA-America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for his expertise and experience in corporate/commercial: tax law.
We represent businesses and individual clients in controversy, compliance, transactional, and planning matters. Our lawyers have extensive experience handling tax controversies.
Our transactional tax practice involves representing individuals, corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships in all aspects of tax and business planning. We plan and negotiate acquisitions, restructurings, and dispositions, both taxable and tax free. We advise with respect to choice of entity issues. In the tax ERISA area, we provide advice concerning taxation of benefits, deduction of contributions, and qualification of plans. We also represent non-profit organizations in establishing and maintaining tax-exempt status.
The Rodey Law Firm also has extensive New Mexico state tax experience, including corporate and individual income tax, gross receipts tax, property tax and excise taxes. We provide state and local tax advice to in-state, out-of-state, and multi-state businesses, as well as representation at audits, administrative appeals and, if necessary, in court. We draft legislation and appear before New Mexico legislative committees on state and local tax matters.
“Tracy Sprouls is a well-regarded tax practitioner who advises on both state and federal tax law. His clients include partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies.”